Many member clubs offer Advanced Driver Training (advanced driving schools or driver education). These are typically at a local racetrack close to the home base of the specific club.
Some popular and historic locations are listed here, but please contact your local club to find out more as many more less known but interesting facilities exist.
- Canadian Tire Motorsports Park aka Mosport (Trillium)
- Calabogie Motorsports Park (Ottawa)
- LeCircuit Mt-Tremblant (Quebec)
- Atlantic Motorsports Park aka Shubenacadie (Atlantic)
Typical Event Details
BMW Clubs Canada chapters have been conducting advanced driving schools since the 1970’s and have a wealth of experience in teaching and running fun safe events. We also regularly interact and participate in schools in the US, and stay closely aligned with the Car Club of America, ensuring consistency and high quality.
Standard typical details are listed below but your local club can give more specifics on how they run their events.
- students participate using their every day vehicle, require an approved helmet, and want to have fun and improve their skills
- a BMW is not a requirement but is encouraged! (we are enthusiasts and have many friends with other types of cars, all are welcome)
- mix of on-track and classroom sessions with a consistent established curriculum
- one-on-on on track instruction
- full liability coverage for all participants
- students divided up into similar experience level groups (beginner, intermediate, advanced)
- a full range of instruction for all levels, timely instruction for beginners to keep them safe, transition to coach and mentor relationship as the students become experienced and skilled
- stepping stone to Club Racing if that is of interest
- stepping stone to becoming an Instructor of that is of interest
- transferable skills and consistency between clubs and programs, take a school with one club, take the next at a different track with another club, and another school at a third track with another club and yet feel immediately familiar with the format
- student and instructor evaluations after every event, track your progress, get valuable feedback to help develop your development as an advanced driver