Many of our clubs hold skills improvement sessions, geared towards every day street driving, summer and winter. A wide variety of these events occur across the country, are typically held in large parking lots close to the urban centre, and provide a maximum amount of driving and practice for skills improvements.
Typical programs include
- emergency braking (ABS and non-ABS)
- emergency lane changes
- accident avoidance
- weight transfer dynamics (slalom, offset slalom)
- vision, hand position, seating position
- decreasing radius turns
- braking while turning
- lots of hands-on practice in your car
- classroom sessions to evaluate and discuss the techniques
In conjunction with the BMW Car Club of America Charitable Foundation, a number of chapters are also providing the Street Survival curriculum specifically put in place to help newer or inexperienced drivers learn life saving skills in a safe environment.
Check with your local chapter to find out when the next event is in your area!